How to become interior designer
The Master course in Interior Design by IDI is a complete training course that will teach you advanced design techniques, learning how to manage a design project at all stages, starting from scratch and handling all the details, such as the CAD design and the marketing and communication of the ultimate product.
for further information
Milan – Rome
What you will learn:
Living spaces design
Exhibition areas design
System and problem solving
Materials and furnishing accessories
Elements of bio-architecture
Elements of lighting design
The training process
Interior Design Master
The purpose of this Master course is to complete the education of young professionals in the field of Interior Design. The student will be able to design living and working spaces, along with the furniture choice, creating graphic designs always aligned with the market’s latest trends, acquiring historical and technical knowledge under the direction of world class designers and lecturers. Art, Architecture, Communication and Fashion are some of the topics that will be dealt with during the course.
Molding and shaping contemporary spaces is a task which requires skills and taste: the spaces we live and work in, where we spend most of our time, need to convey emotions, facilitate bondings and inspire people’s creativity. Therefore, interior design is required to answer the different needs of comfort and individual expression, efficiency and aggregation, being tailored on working and communication necessities.
The student will explore new possibilities, practicing the skills acquired during the learning stage, while putting his effort in the project work stage focused on innovation and the designer’s new skills consolidation. Developing a project starting from scratch, from the basis concept to the technical choices (e.g. the materials and colors), up to the study of volumes and surfaces, the student will finally 3D render his own project. Furthermore, he will analyse the market and the changes it experience every day, to learn how to anticipate them and always be ready to update his methods.
The interior designer works on a wide variety of inner spaces: housing, working and reception areas, retail and industrial spaces, showrooms and exhibitions. The designer’s technical know-how and personal style is often needed to meet the communication necessities of a company, to increase the brand’s awareness, market share and reputation.
The Master course in Interior Design by IDI is meant for students and professionals in the field of architecture, industrial design and related areas, along with everyone who is passionate about interior design and decoration and wants to test his creativity and technical skills in realizing 2D and 3D models. The knowledge acquired during this course will allow the student to successfully work as interior designer – freelance or in interior design firms – and become a CAD designer of inner spaces, or an expert in virtual and 3D modeling for retail and industrial spaces.
- Designing spaces
- Decorating interiors
- Special areas: attics, basements, gardens & terraces
- Taking advantage of narrow spaces
- Mixing styles
- Psychology of color
- Laws & regulations
- Quotes and metrics
- Lighting design
- Thermo-hydraulic systems for design
- Artificial lighting
- Tools and components
- Furniture and furnishings
- Pavements and coatings
- Plaster and painting
- Choosing the materials: criteria of selection
- Composite materials and their use
- Metal, glass, wood, ceramic and new materials
- Plastic materials
Free license for:
12 months free access to the Material Connexion library will be granted to all the master’s students.
The Rome edition of the Master will take place in:
- Preparatory classes: texts + online platform
- Lessons: 96 h (Milan)
- Individual project work
- Internship: 300 h in a partner company located in a region of the student’s choice
- Max. number of participants: 18
How to apply
- Fill in with your data the contact request form and we will contact you within a few working days. During the selection, the scolastic and working CV of the candidates will be considered, together with the motivational letter attached and a portfolio containing the previous works. The examining commission, considered all those elements, will communicate the result to the candidate, forwarding the application module for the Course or Master, ready for submission.
- Installment Payments accepted;
- Job orientation during the course;
- Video CV shooting at the end of the course;
- Curriculum Vitae update and divulgation to IDI’s partner companies at the end of the course;
- Accomodation advise to find hotels and structures during the course.