One Year Course
Practical Master in
Milan, September / December 2019
PRACTICAL MASTER IN INTERIOR DESIGN
Do you want to become an interior designer?
With the One Year Course Practical Master in Interior Design organized by IDI in collaboration with the Studio Marco Piva you can learn advanced design techniques, learning to manage an interior design project in all its phases, from concept, to CAD design and to the communication and marketing of the final product. The weekend formula of the course also allows students and workers to take part easily, for a training course over a whole year.
For further information
What you will learn:
Design of living spaces
Design of commercial spaces
Plants and problems
Communication and creation of a brand
Materials and furnishing accessories
Software Tues progettazione
The training process
Practical Master in Interior Design
The Practical Master in Interior Design aims to train professionals able to follow the entire design process and takes the form of a workshop where participants will address the interior design field: from public to private spaces , from offices to commercial spaces.
Giving shape to contemporary spaces requires competence and taste and for this reason the interior design it must respond not only to the needs of comfort and individual expression, but also to aggregation and efficiency, identity creation and communication impact.
During the realization of the Project Work, the student will have the opportunity to put into practice the skills acquired during the classroom phase, consolidating the acquired knowledge. He will develop an interior design project starting from the concept and the technical and material choices, going through the study of colors, lights, volumes and surfaces, thus having a complete perception of the changes taking place on the market and learning to read the signs that anticipate new trends.
The spaces that fall within the scope ofinterior designin addition to the more traditional home and office spaces, they also include commercial spaces, from shops to showrooms, to trade fair stands.
The path of the Practical Master will be divided into classroom design activities with a plus: the ability to interface, as well as with IDI teachers also with professionals of the Studio Marco Piva, where Saturday lessons will take place.
The knowledge acquired during the Practical Master in Interior Design they will allow the student to practice successfully with companies in the furniture sector, or in professional design and architecture offices; he can become an industrial designer, product designer or interior designer in studios and furniture stores. Alternatively, he can choose to work as a freelancer by creating his own projects on specific customer request.
- Historical Background on Interior Design
- Innovative changes and trends in the sector
- Project consistency
- The importance of building unique and distinctive spatial areas
- Communicate the project
- The hospitality and hospitality sector and wellness areas
- Logistics and flows in relation to different types of spatial use
- Design of living spaces
- Design of exhibition and commercial spaces
- The choice of material during the design phase
- Combination of styles
- Color Design and color interactions
- Lighting Design: light as a tool for characterizing the landscape in the commercial and residential sectors
- New technologies at the service of lighting design
- Software Tues progettazione
In collaboration with:
- Preliminary lessons: texts + online platform
- Classroom phase: 150 hours of lessons in the weekend formula from September to December
- Project work: realization of a project (3 months)
- Stage of internship: 3 months at partner companies in the region of interest of the participant
- Max. Participants: 18
How to apply
- Fill out the information request form and we will contact you within a few days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letter produced; it is possible to support the candidacy with a portfolio of previous works. Considering these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, by submitting the registration form.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Professional orientation meeting during the classroom stage;
- CV video realization during full-immersion;
- CV revision and updating for sending it to companies in the design sector at the end of the training process;
- Reports of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom stage.