Milan, 30 September - 12 October 2019
Become a product designer
Do you want to become a product designer?
Il Masters in Product Design IDI is a full-immersion professional training course that will allow you to learn about the various phases related to product design, concept development, communication through sketches and 3d modeling.
For further information
What you will learn:
History of Design and Made in Italy
Materials (chemical-physical, performance, structural and functional characteristics)
Psychology of color
Define the product concept
The methods of industrial design
The communication of the project
Product - craft
Lettering and Handpainting
Product and sub-categories
Design software: rhinoceros
The training process
Master in Product Design
Design is par excellence Italian and this statement defines the exciting program that explores the contemporary design sector. The current lifestyle and today's customer needs require a greater need for products that respond to a specific function, but at the same time aesthetically appealing and contemporary. This full-immersion product design course provides participants with a vision and experience of the current meaning of product design through all phases and activities involved, offering them the opportunity to create a new product starting from concept design through the production, the realization of a model and the commercialization . The master offers participants the skills and knowledge to turn an idea into a successful product. The objective of the Master in Product Design IDI is to train a complete professional in the field of product design, able to realize different types of objects according to the different materials used in the industrial and artisanal field, through graphic and computerized prototypes, without never lose sight of the dominant trends and tastes on the market. The student will make a solid project methodology that, starting from ethical, social and sustainability values, will allow him to have a strategic planning thought.
Completing the project path, the knowledge of tools that allow to develop, verify and tell the project: pencil, software for 3D modeling and rendering. The master's student explores new possibilities, putting into practice the skills acquired in the classroom phase already during the project work, focused on innovation and consolidation of the concepts acquired. Developing a product design project starting from the concept and the techniques and materials, passing through the study of colors, volumes and surfaces, to arrive at 3D rendering, the student will have a global and concrete perception of the changes taking place on the market, learning to read the signs that anticipate new trends. Among the spaces that fall within the field of activity of the Product Designer, in addition to the more traditional ones related to the industrial world such as furnishing accessories, lamps, utensils and home appliances, the artisan products made with the use have gained great attention. of traditional materials such as ceramics, textiles, paper and wood. These materials are used by the Product Designer to put into practice their technical and stylistic know-how and to meet the needs of corporate communication and product marketing.
The Master in Product Design IDI is aimed at graduates in architecture, industrial design, engineering, students from design schools or applied arts or related subjects; candidates who have gained significant professional experience in the sector.
The knowledge acquired during this training will allow you to successfully practice the profession, entering the market as freelancers, or within the design or craft industry, in design studies of product design.
Among the alternative outlets are the areas of technical production for the design of industrial products, design as a technical designer, CAD designer, assistance in research materials and technical components, project assistance in the development of conceptual solutions and executive design.
- Focus on the icons of the design world (national and international)
- The choice of materials in the design phase
- Materials, composite materials and main use
- Metals, traditional and innovative ceramics, glass, wood, plastics
- Idea and step of analysis and research
- Product concepts
- Designer and customer needs
- Product Specifications
- Generation of product concepts and their selection
- Fixing of the guidelines that will accompany the final project
- Final specifications and project planning
- Sketches: the representation of design ideas
- Creation of a moodboard
- Production technologies
- 2D and 3D rendering
- Graphic design of the image
- Multimedia and product
- Molds and prototyping
- Preliminary lessons: educational material and platform with video lessons
- Classroom phase: 96 hours
- Project work: realization of an individual project
- Stage of internship: 200 hours of training internship at companies / design studios throughout the country
- Max. Participants: 18
How to apply
- Fill out the information request form and we will contact you within a few days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letter produced; it is possible to support the candidacy with a portfolio of previous works. Considering these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, by submitting the registration form.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Professional orientation meeting during the classroom stage;
- CV video realization during full-immersion;
- CV revision and updating for sending it to companies in the design sector at the end of the training process;
- Reports of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom stage.