Florence, dates in planning
Become a shoes designer
Do you want to become a shoe designer?
The Master in Shoes Design IDI is a full-immersion professional training course that will allow you to learn design techniques for men's and women's shoes, learning how to manage a shoe design project in all its phases, from concept and design , the choice of materials and the definition of finishes, up to the realization of the complete product.
IDI will reward with the prototyping of the project the student / a who will carry out the most complete and interesting project work.
For further information
What you will learn:
History of footwear
Collections and iconic products
Preparation of the adjuster
Give life to a collection
The training process
Master in Shoes Design
The aim of this master in Shoes design is the professional and artistic training of young talents who wish make your mark in the fashion world.
A shoe designer enhances the style and emphasizes the look of wearers and customers of all kinds, who are preparing for a high fashion show, for a special occasion, or for everyday life. Knowing how to grasp the needs of the market along with haute couture trends, constantly changing and adapting without losing the distinctive mark of your style, is what characterizes the big names in the sector.
This is why the IDI master in Shoes design aims to convey to students the importance of details (quality of materials, precision of design and modeling), as well as that of an overview of the sector of reference, where the big names observe and dictate the rules of the moment at the same time.
All this grafted on the ancient Italian craftsmanship tradition in fashion, which maintains an undisputed authority worldwide.
The Master's program includes all the main activities that a professional must face during the development of a new collection of shoes: the students will seek the meeting point between their technical and creative skills, applying them at the same time during the creation of models, prototyping and craft techniques.
Finally, key topics will be discussed for managing a collection, such as line planning, supply chains, production standards, budget control and customer relations.
At the end of the course, the student can find professional outlets in companies or national and international fashion houses, or work as a freelancer in the development of sketches or finished models, creating their own shoe collections, always among the most requested accessories from the fashion world .
- History of footwear
- The collections
- Iconic products
- Foot anatomy
- Preparation of the adjuster
- Research and development of trends
- Forms and colors of current events
- The cut of the upper
- The cutting of leather for upper and lining
- Preparation for the gardener
- The adjuster and the various types of stitching
- The assembly of the upper with the bottom
- Main assembly methods
- Choice of materials in production
- The shape
- Measurements of the form
- The different fits
- Drawing on shape
- Basic models of footwear
- From research to the development of the concept
- Preliminary lessons: texts + online platform
- Classroom phase: 48 hours
- Project work: realization of an individual project
- Stage of internship: Internships of 150 hours at partner companies in the region of interest of the participant
- Max. Participants: 25
How to apply
- Fill out the information request form and we will contact you within a few days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letter produced; it is possible to support the candidacy with a portfolio of previous works. Considering these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, by submitting the registration form.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Professional orientation meeting during the classroom stage;
- CV video realization during full-immersion;
- CV revision and updating for sending it to companies in the design sector at the end of the training process;
- Reports of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom stage.