Specialization course in
Milan, 14-17 January 2019
Become an 3D printer
Do you want to become an 3D press expert?
The 3D IDI Specialization Course in Printing is a full-immersion refinement course that will allow you to consolidate your knowledge of 3D modeling and printing processes, learning to manage a project in all its phases, from concept and design, to choice of printing materials and cleaning and finishing of the final product.
For further information
What you will learn:
Rapid prototyping tools
Open source 3D modeling software
Adaptation of the model for printing
Calibrating the 3D printer
Finishing techniques of the printed piece
The training process
Specialization course in 3D Press
The 3D Specialization Course: Print your Design teaches you how to create customized prototypes thanks to the 3d printing, using the tools - methodological and technological - provided by the teachers during the training course. This course has been designed for all fans of the sector and especially for designers who feel the need to give life to their projects and shape their ideas, passing from the concept to the subject in the shortest possible time. Today 3D printing is an increasingly used technique, which finds applications in many sectors: from biomedical to food, from rapid prototyping for design atself-construction (and change or hacking) of objects. Learning about the techniques, materials and new possibilities of working and printing in 3D will give students and professionals the opportunity to have greater control and awareness of their work. Each participant will print his 3D model, acquiring technical knowledge on the printing process, on the materials, on the Cad / Cam conversion and on the finishing techniques of the realized mold.
The 3D Specialization Course in Printing is aimed at professional students and designers, architects and engineers, artisans and companies working in the field of the project / product, but also to anyone with a strong interest in technological and process innovation. This full-immersion course allows fans of making, 3D printing, rapid prototyping, knowledge economy, programmed electronics and Open Source software to implement the latest 3D modeling and printing technologies in their everyday work.
A path also open to unemployed / NEET subjects who want to retrain and get closer to the technological-scientific world.
Il Maker o 3D printer he is a multifaceted figure, who can find work in the most disparate sectors. The requests of professionals in this field come from design and furniture studios, fromhigh-tech industry and building, as well as the biomedical and catering sectors. It would be impossible, however, to limit the fields of application of the 3D Press, since it is a profession that embraces every area of craftsmanship, product design andhacking things, marrying philosophy Open Source underlying the post-industrial economy, where a project (o blueprint) can travel for thousands of kilometers simply through an internet connection, being printed and therefore produced directly in the factory closest to the final customer.
- Introduction to digital manufacturing and necessary tools
- Introduction to the use of 3D Printers, types of templates and printing techniques
- Introduction to Reverse engineering
- 3D scanner
- Additive printing
- Historical background and field of application
- From the FDM patent to the RepRap project
- Dissemination of 3D Press thanks to Open Source
- 3D Printing Materials (Case Studies)
- Rapid prototyping tools
- What is a gcode? How do you create it?
- Customize a gcode
- Cases of hacking slicing algorithms
- Slic3r, care and printrun, command interfaces
- 3D Modeling Software
- 3D Open Source Software Literacy
- Format conversion
- Mesh modeling
- STL problems
- Development of the 3D model
- Adaptation of the model to be printed
- STL optimization
- Mesh checking
- Media development
- Thickness analysis
- Mesh reduction and export
- Calibrating the 3D printer
- Positioning the file in the print area
- 3D print job management
- Printing 3D models
- Finishing techniques of the printed piece
- The main 3D scanning techniques
- Photogrammetry: theory and practical tests
- Structured light scanners
- Scan objects of various sizes
- Single scans and sequences
- Tips and tricks for scanning
The training process
- Preliminary lessons: video lessons on the online platform
- Classroom phase: 32 hours
- Using an 3D printer
- Design and print of an 3D model
- Implementation of a Project work
- Max. Participants: 18
How to apply
- Download the registration form or fill in the information request form with your details and we will contact you within a few working days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letters produced. You can support your candidacy with a portfolio of previous jobs and projects. Considering all these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, submitting the registration form ready for completion and submission.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Reporting of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom phase.
The course perfectly responded to my needs and expectations. The lessons were held with professionalism and competence.
All very clear and comprehensive.
I believe that the arguments have been treated in a clear and comprehensive manner. I am very satisfied with how the teachers explained the concepts.
Excellent route. Really professional and competent teachers.