Rome, 21 - 26 October 2019
Become a flower designer
Do you want to become a flower designer?
The Flower Design Course IDI is a full-immersion professional training course that will allow you to learn basic and advanced floral composition techniques, learning how to manage a flower arrangement project in all its phases, from concept and design to choice of flowers and the assembly of the final composition.
For further information
What you will learn:
Theories and techniques of floral composition
Elements of Botany
Ligature, binding and fixing techniques
Wedding and events
Design, design and proportions of the floral composition
The manipulation of floral forms
Awareness of volumes and control of space
Colors and emotions in the floral composition
How to design a floral event
Marketing elements of the flower sector
Materials, accessories and professional tools
The training process
Flower Design Course
The course of Flower Design was born with the aim of training a professional who is an artist at the same time, able to design with creativity and refinement floral arrangements ornamental, using flowers, plants and related materials (natural and artificial).
The preparation of indoor and outdoor spaces for receptions, ceremonies or welcoming events, but also in more intimate private settings, is a work of continuous research into new forms, structures and materials, which requires a thorough knowledge of the characteristics of color, shape and fragrance of numerous species of flowers and plants. At the same time it is essential to acquire the design techniques, composition and assembly of the flower arrangement, in addition to a theoretical and practical training that combines the development of manual skills with some hints of the history of the discipline, necessary to read the trends of the reference market in the most effective way.
Through a strongly practical approach, the educational path of the Flower Design IDI course aims to stimulate the creativity of the participants and lead them to acquire techniques and executive methods of the highest level, which allow the floral designer to free their potential.
The ultimate goal is to train a specialist in setting up the decorations for events such as weddings, receptions, festivals and congresses, a figure who is fully aware of the physical and ornamental characteristics of the materials used (plants, flowers, creepers, artificial supports and decorations) and knows how to intervene on the conservation of the environment and the resolution of problems of integration with existing infrastructures, in harmony between nature and architecture.
During the full-immersion classroom phase, visits to important local churches are planned to study the architectural forms - to be used in the best way during the floral arrangement of weddings and ceremonies - and at the flower market, where students can gain experience in choosing the basic tools for their work.
The Flower Design Course is open to all those who want to develop high-level technical skills, to enhance their creativity and establish themselves professionally in a sector with great job opportunities, especially in the field of wedding flower design, where the florist / designer has the opportunity to work side by side with wedding planner, photographers and video makers who value the mostfloral decorative art, with the common goal of generating an unforgettable emotional experience for the participants. This training course also provides all the skills necessary to work on their own by opening one flower kiosk or to collaborate with event organization agencies as a specialist in flower arrangement.
- Symmetrical and asymmetrical composition
- Decorative composition
- Parallel composition
- Vegetative style
- Elements of botany
- Ligature, binding and fixing techniques
- Design, design and proportions in the floral composition
- The manipulation of floral forms
- Awareness of volumes and control of space
- Marketing elements in the flower sector
- Color theory
- The natural style
- Harmonies and color contrasts, color properties, visual communication
- Architectural styles of churches and typical locations for a reception
- Fabrics and furnishings in the ceremony
- Purchase of flowers
- Treatment and conservation of flowers
- The tools
- Use of the sponge
- Use of vases and containers
Examples of Project work
- Preliminary lessons: teaching materials
- Classroom phase: 48 hours
- Project work: realization of an individual project
- Stage of internship: Internships of 200 hours at partner companies in the region of interest of the participant
- Max. Participants: 15
How to apply
- Fill out the information request form and we will contact you within a few days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letter produced; it is possible to support the candidacy with a portfolio of previous works. Considering these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, by submitting the registration form.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Professional orientation meeting during the classroom stage;
- CV video realization during full-immersion;
- CV revision and updating for sending it to companies in the design sector at the end of the training process;
- Reports of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom stage.
The strong point of the lessons was to have wisely tackled the theory before putting us to work and the great freedom that was granted to us in the realization of the compositions: we did not have to recreate a facsimile, but we gave life to something really original. I was thrilled to be able to work with so many types of flowers.
I am very satisfied with the training path followed. The notions received were many, so I congratulate the teachers who were able to transmit them in "short" time. The final day was wonderful: my project took shape.
I am fully satisfied with the whole training course. The competence of the teachers is very high.
I followed the course with very professional teachers who followed us at all stages. I am very satisfied and I learned a lot.
The day with Maya De Roo allowed me to understand the proportions within a composition. She was an excellent teacher and was able to transmit safety in carrying out the work.
I would like to underline the extreme professionalism, friendliness and helpfulness of the teacher Daniele Gori, together with the immense love that nourishes for the profession.
The teachers have shown to have a great professionalism and competence. I'm really satisfied with the whole course.
Happy to have undertaken this experience. Teachers very prepared and available to listen and understand our needs.