Sabaudia (LT), 4 / 16 November 2019
Become a professional naval designer
Do you want to become a professional naval designer?
The Master in Yacht Design IDI is a full-immersion professional training course that will allow you to learn advanced naval design techniques, learning to manage a project in all its phases, from concept, to CAD drawing and to product communication and marketing. final, interacting with the numerous professional figures involved in boat design.
Requirements: Degree in architecture, engineering or subjects related to design and design. Proven experience in the naval sector.
For further information
What you will learn:
History and techniques of shipbuilding
Project marketing and communication
Nautical rules and regulations
Naval interior design
Materials and technologies
Software Tues progettazione
On-board systems, sailing and deck equipment
The training process
Masters in Yacht Design
The Master in Yacht Design and nautical design aims to train professionals able to govern the design and construction of a boat, from concept to on-site verification, acquiring mastery of each phase of the project: interior design, of sail and deck equipment and plant engineering, production processes on site and control of executive phases.
The training path is proposed as a dynamic laboratory, the shipyard lab: training, therefore, in addition to having a theoretical-practical approach, will be closely linked to both design and technical experimentation and the choice of materials. The educational program is also structured in such a way as to provide conceptual stimuli and a direct, hands-on experience, essential for gaining control over a complex and multi-layered process such as nautical design.
The thematic areas, designed to include all disciplines related to yacht design and marine lifestyle, include computerized design and 3D, the study of materials and the latest methodologies and construction systems, environmental sustainability constraints and certifications required by law . The Master in Yacht Design also provides all the cultural tools and historical knowledge necessary for an aspiring professional in the field: the yacht designer.
The objective of the Master in Yacht Design is to train professionals able to apply the techniques and instruments of naval architecture to the most innovative design, which are able to follow a project in its various aspects, interacting with the other figures starting from the ideation, to the executive drawings, up to the concrete realization in the yard. The knowledge acquired during the master's course will allow you to successfully practice the profession, entering the productive world as freelancers or within the naval industry, in professional offices or technical offices of the construction site and in the management of production processes and quality control.
The degree in architecture, industrial design or related subjects is a requisite for the selection of candidates. The candidacies of graduates with proven experience in the naval sector will also be evaluated.
- Characteristics of the nautical sector
- Operators in the nautical sector
- Boat show and trade fairs
- Consumer psychology in the nautical sector
- The client of the naval designer
- History of naval design
- Classification of boat types
- Terminology of naval design
- From contact with the client to the project
- Definition of the design briefing
- Analysis of the state of the art
- Choice of materials, technologies and production processes
- The brand in nautical design
- Designer / client relationship
- Quality of the project and of the product
- Industrialization phase
- Fundamentals of visual communication
- Methods and rules of the graphic composition
- Discipline of pleasure boating
- Regulatory and safety aspects on construction sites
- Furnishings cabins, front cabins, walls
- Exploitation of spaces in small environments
- Combination of styles
- Fabrics, curtains, trimmings, shutters
- The estimate and the metric calculation
- Psychology of color
- Materials and composite materials: use
- Wood: natural: technological properties and qualification criteria, main fields of use
- Semi-finished products of natural wood; semi-finished and wood-based panels
- Light alloys, ie aluminum alloys
- Copper alloys
- Plastics: types, processes and characteristics
- Special alloys
- Ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals and powder metallurgy; general properties and characteristics; metal processing: forming, cutting, joining and finishing; the breaking of materials; how to impart resistance to metals; steel, cast iron, copper, aluminum, titanium, magnesium alloys: their properties and applications
- Traditional and innovative ceramics: properties, processes, types and applications
- Glass: main types, references to work and treatments
- The furniture: technology and materials
- Fixed and mobile furnishing accessories (curtains, fabrics, etc.)
- Floors and walls
- The choice of material during the design phase: main selection criteria
- Notions of ergonomics, anthropometry, perceptual psychology
- The sign, the meaning
- Communication and its forms
- Pragmatics of communication: codes and their use
- The semiotic square and the significance of the objects
- Semiotics of the daily object: case studies
- Logo, brand and advertising: case studies
- Pencil technique: strokes, lines and curves
- Geometric constructions: scale and proportion
- Tools and scales
- Relief; plant
- Orthogonal projections; prospectus; sections
- Axonometry, perspective
- Study and application of shapes, geometries, modules and modular elements to design and build structures through the knowledge and use of suitable materials
- Representation and dimensioning of fixed and mobile connections
- Coloring techniques
- Exercises with Rhinoceros and with Cad 2D and 3D
- Sanitary water system
- Heating system
- Electrical system
- Different installations
- Overview of lighting technology
- Treatment plants
- Ship propulsion systems
- Engine room
- Sailing equipment
- Deck equipment
The ART instructor Marco Amadio will release the McNeel first level certificate!
- Preliminary lessons: texts + online platform
- Classroom phase: 96 hours
- Project work: realization of an individual project
- Stage of internship: traineeship of 300 hours at partner companies throughout the country
- Max. Participants: 25
How to apply
- Fill out the information request form and we will contact you within a few days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letter produced; it is possible to support the candidacy with a portfolio of previous works. Considering these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, by submitting the registration form.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Professional orientation meeting during the classroom stage;
- CV video realization during full-immersion;
- CV revision and updating for sending it to companies in the design sector at the end of the training process;
- Reports of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom stage.
I'm really satisfied with the training course and in particular with the analytical visits made, for the attention shown by the site staff, which allowed us to see closely and touch the various boats, allowing us to live a really interesting experience.
The teaching staff dealt with the topics in a clear and exhaustive manner. Excellent organization of the training path.
Master also suitable for professionals who appear for the first time in the nautical world.
During the lessons my interest was very high and the structure and the equipment were supporting the needs of the training path.
I am very satisfied with the preparation of the teachers. I appreciated the location of the master: a real shipyard!
The progress of the master was perfect. A lot of quality in the contents and very high professionalism of the teachers.
The teachers are very prepared and very available. The path in the classroom challenging, but very interesting.
A really interesting master who managed to give me what I wanted. Springboard valid for the crowning of my dream.
I think the subjects have been treated in a very complete way and I am very satisfied with the whole course.
A combination of psychology and very interesting design / architecture. The lesson was engaging in all its parts.
Lecturers of the highest professional profile