Milan, 23 / 28 September 2019 Rome, 14 / 19 October 2019 Bologna, 13 / 18 January 2020
Become a visual merchandiser
Do you want to become a visual merchandiser?
The Visual Merchandising Specialization Course IDI is a full-immersion professional training course that will allow you to learn the window dressing technique, the theory and methods of setting up a store and the most refined techniques of visual composition and sensory marketing.
For further information
Milan - Rome - Bologna
What you will learn:
Basics of visual merchandising
The psychology of color
The point of sale
Display of the sales point
Buying as an emotional experience
The training process
Visual Merchandising course
The objective of the Visual Merchandising Specialization Course IDI is to create complete professionals in the field of visual and fashion design, able to design exhibition spaces, shop windows and concept stores, with the aim of orienting the purchasing behavior of the end customer. Maximizing the profitability of the display areas of a store is possible through the skilful arrangement of products in space and with a play of light and shadow that enhances and highlights the brand's strengths.
The purchase of a product, particularly in the fashion industry, is an action that generates aemotional and sensorial experience. If the first visual impact is positive, the client's mood will positively influence the shopping experience, leading to one of his own retention and the potential return for subsequent purchases. Customers constantly change, as well as the needs and problems of consumption and purchase; the same products are renewed, especially in the world of fashion design, not counting the communication initiatives of the competition. For this adapt the strategy promptly of a point of sale is of fundamental importance. The visual figure is in charge of managing this constant change, anticipating or following the current trends from time to time, given that the marketing strategies commercial purposes aimed at increasing sales pass mainly through the visual and sensory communication.
Involving synergistically all the senses of the buyer, influencing and persuading it to purchase, inform and propose with determination: these are the axes that can not miss the successful visual merchandiser, which often has a background characterized by a passion for design and for communication, or that followed fashion or interior design courses.
In an increasingly competitive market, to face competition and increase sales, many companies rely on a visual merchandising expert.
Il fashion visual can work on the design of a brand, like window dresser in individual businesses and points of sale - mainly in fashion - or in service companies specialized in outfitting, in large retail outlets and finally as freelancers. In the course of a career in this area it is possible to become sector visual, which deals with a specific merchandise niche; visual designer, who works closely with graphic designers and web designers to manage the online presence of a brand and increase public engagement, website visits and newsletter subscriptions, through a high level of visual communication. You can also reach the position of visual manager, a managerial figure with the task of coordinating and supervising the work of an entire visual merchandiser team on behalf of a brand or company.
They are preferential selection criteria of candidates: title of degree (even three years); Great knowledge of the English language; predisposition to contact with the public.
- Definitions and phases
- Know-how and communication
- The objective consumer
- Strategic and sensory marketing
- Image communication: persuasion, suggestion
- Direct and indirect references to decorative symbols
- Image and personality of the sales point
- Color: psychological, physical and cultural factors at the point of sale
- The semiotics of the sales point
- Origins, characteristics and evolutions
- Elements of construction and communication: decompression area, entrance focus, focal points, display points, mirrors, cash desk, fitting rooms
- Mono-brands, multi-brands, flagships, concept stores, boutiques and free standing stores, temporary stores, pop up stores, guerrilla stores, supermarkets
- Definition and language
- Structure elements: construction, psychology and communication
- Focal point: positioning, types of construction, function
- Depth and balance of the symmetrical and asymmetrical composition
- The wall: definition, technical constructions and levels of reading
- Horizontal and vertical display: construction, psychology and reading
- Clothing display hanging and folded: construction rules, strategies, reading
- Visual, tactile, auditory, olfactory, gustatory factors
- Shopping experience and profitability
Teachers and course locations:
Enrica Melotto: Milan, Rome, Bologna
Gianfranco Giacoma Caire: Milan, Rome
Zaira Capone: Milan, Bologna
Alessandro Maria Polito: Milan
- Preliminary lessons: texts + online platform
- Classroom phase: 48 hours
- Project work: realization of an individual project
- Stage of internship: traineeship of 200 hours at partner companies throughout the country
- Max. Participants: 25
How to apply
- Fill out the information request form and we will contact you within a few days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letter produced; it is possible to support the candidacy with a portfolio of previous works. Considering these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, by submitting the registration form.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Professional orientation meeting during the classroom stage;
- CV video realization during full-immersion;
- CV revision and updating for sending it to companies in the design sector at the end of the training process;
- Reports of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom stage.
I was delighted with the professionalism and expertise of all three teachers, whom I thank for the wonderful training experience.
The lesson was full of food for thought and suggestions, the topics were treated in a clear and comprehensive.
The lessons are interesting, the teachers available and prepared. I believe that carrying out the master's degree on the construction site was a great support for the theoretical lessons.
I am extremely satisfied with the way in which the teachers have dealt with the various points of the program: clear and exhaustive even in answering my questions!
The course was well organized and certainly interesting, with teachers who are true professionals in the field.
I was very happy to have met Enrica and been able to take part in her classes! Very satisfied with the topics covered and the student - teacher relationship. I thank!
The course was very stimulating and above all well aimed on what is the professional field of visual merchandising.
Figures of highly professional teachers! Interesting both the practical and the theoretical aspects, it's a pity that it's finished! A sincere compliment also to the patience and availability of our tutors, who accompanied us during the project work phase.