Short Master in
Milan, from 9 to 13 September 2019
Become a packaging designer
Do you want to become a packaging designer?
Il Masters in Packaging Design IDI is a full-immersion professional training course that will allow you to learn about the various phases related to the design of product packaging, from the development of the concept to the communication of the product.
For further information
What you will learn:
The history of packaging
The concept of a brand
Communicate through the packaging
Study of shapes and materials
Packaging and luxury
Case history analysis
Packaging and direct marketing
The design of a packaging
The training process
Short Master in Packaging Design
Lo Short Master in Packaging Design born with the aim of providing specific skills in the field of reference through a faculty composed of professionals in the field with which you will have the opportunity to follow the development phase of the project starting from the brief, going to the brain storming phase, processing of the concept to get to that of 3d rendering.
Through a practical approach, the Short Master in Packaging Design aims to stimulate the creativity of the participants as well as to lead them to acquire techniques and executive methods that will allow the designer to free their potential through a packaging project able to communicate to the consumer a winning image of the product.
Not only packaging, but also branding through a cutting-edge teaching program that perfectly summarizes technique, communication and marketing starting from the analysis of significant case histories.
The Packaging Designer will be able to devote itself specifically to e-commerce packaging, take-away packaging, redesign packaging, cosmetic and pharmaceutical packaging, luxury products packaging, food and beverage packaging, etc. It will be able to collaborate with companies, companies and companies. consultancy specializing in the development of corporate brands, as well as in product design studies.
- History and forms of packaging
- Excursus names and famous brands
- Relationship between social and technological changes
- Development of new product categories (ready-to-use food, organic products and fair trade products)
- Packaging and service: packaging not only as a vehicle but as a tool for use
- Last generations of packaging
- Packaging and the environment: rule of 4 R (reuse, reduction, recycling, recovery)
- Brand extension
- Line extension
- Packaging as a medium
- Color and communication strategies
- The life cycle of packaging
- The form as a brand property
- Metal, plastic, glass, cardboard, thermoformed packaging and tetrapack
- Analysis and research
- Concept development
- Graphic format realization
- Use of software: Illustrator, photoshop, indesign
- Packaging and luxury
- Case history analysis
- The lettering
- Packaging and direct marketing
All master members will have access to the material library of Material Connexion for 12 months:
- Preliminary lessons: teaching materials
- Classroom phase: 40 hours
- Project work: realization of an individual project
- Max. Participants: 18
How to apply
- Fill out the information request form and we will contact you within a few days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letter produced; it is possible to support the candidacy with a portfolio of previous works. Considering these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, by submitting the registration form.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Professional orientation meeting during the classroom stage;
- CV video realization during full-immersion;
- CV revision and updating for sending it to companies in the design sector at the end of the training process;
- Reports of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom stage.