Specialization course in
from the toy to the game-book
Milan, 13 - 16 May 2019 SOLD OUT
Milan, 2 - 5 September 2019
Become a designer
Do you want to become a designer?
The Specialization Course in Toys Design IDI is a full-immersion professional training course which aims to provide the basic tools of the Craft of the Toys Designer.
For further information
What you will learn:
How a toy is born.
The creative mistake.
How to prototype and make a toy.
The mathematical element in games.
The training process
Specialization course in Toys Design
The Specialization Course in Toys Design aims to provide the basic tools of the Craft of the Toys Designer. During the classroom phase, the topics related to the initial phases of the project will be analyzed, the analysis of the forms, the choice of language, the contribution of mathematics in games, as well as the prototyping and production of the product. The theoretical phase will be accompanied by exercises and workshops.
The aim of the Specialization Course is not only to learn a working method, but to approach the world of childhood through the concept of a game and its representation.
The Toys Designer deals with the design and manufacture of toys. It is a highly specialized figure as it designs products with particular attention to the world of education, responding to the needs of a constantly evolving contemporary society.
The Specialization Course is aimed at designers, graphic designers, interior designers, architects, illustrators, designers and educators.
They usually work within the design departments of companies in the sector, as freelancers, in specialized design studios or as consultants for companies.
- The game is born of a team.
- The fuel memory of our creativity.
- Shared game experiences to reflect on the ingredients needed for our project.
- The fairy tale as a starting point and engine of the concept.
- Shapes and colors inside the fairy tale.
- Analysis of basic geometric shapes.
- Analysis of primary colors.
- The shape and color follow mathematical rules.
- The decomposition.
- Through the game, logical concepts are learned.
- Union and separation.
- Opposites, creative error, deformation.
- The toy as an imitation of the adult world, and / or to keep the adult with you.
- Prototyping and realization of a product. Images from manufacturing companies, Asian production.
- Practical exercise: In the classroom stage a new game concept or book-game to be developed is set individually.
- Preliminary lessons: educational material and platform with video lessons
- Classroom phase: 32 hours
- Project work: realization of an individual project
- Max. Participants: 18
How to apply
- Fill out the information request form and we will contact you within a few days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letter produced; it is possible to support the candidacy with a portfolio of previous works. Considering these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, by submitting the registration form.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Professional orientation meeting during the classroom stage;
- CV video realization during full-immersion;
- CV revision and updating for sending it to companies in the design sector at the end of the training process;
- Reports of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom stage.