Specialization course in
Milan, 30 September - 4 October 2019 - 20 CFP released for Architects
Become a lighting designer
Do you want to become a professional lighting designer?
The Specialization Course in Lighting Design IDI is a full-immersion course of specialization that will allow you to learn advanced design techniques in the arrangement of light sources, to create a clever play of light and shadow and emphasize the fundamental elements of the surrounding environment.
For further information
What you will learn:
The language and the design of light
Light applied to architecture
Lighting design theory and technology
Light: photometric quantities, propagation and measurements
Types of lighting and light direction
Technical and lighting design laboratory
Seminar: new LED technologies and innovative materials
Cad software for lighting
Case-studies: analysis of some lighting projects
The training process
Specialization course in Lighting Design
Lighting Design is at the same time the science and the art of illuminating environments, whether artificial or natural. The Lighting Designer deals with lighting design trying to best harmonize his work with the architecture and the surrounding furniture. It also takes care of the protection of the artistic and cultural heritage and seeks sustainable solutions with low environmental impact and reduced energy consumption. He is a professional who must have an excellent knowledge of the physical characteristics of light, lighting control techniques and instruments, as well as knowledge of the aesthetics of the sources.
In recent years, the figure of the Lighting Designer has become of fundamental importance for any interior design project and not: the experience, know-how and expertise of the Lighting Designer are used not only as regards the plant engineering, but also in the service of communication: just think of theatrical or museum environments, where light is fundamental for the construction of the overall image and the success of the event itself.
The goal of the Specialization course in Lighting Design is to form a highly qualified professional figure, with skills in the design of indoor, outdoor and entertainment lighting.
The Lighting Designer is a creative with remarkable qualities of precision and dexterity, able to apply the lighting science of the urban environment to projects of all kinds. It must also pay particular attention to the containment of energy consumption.
Computer processing is essential to realize projects in 2D and 3D related to lighting design.
The Specialization Course is aimed at architects, designers and designers. The Lighting Designer can work as a freelancer or within the industry. In fact, he can collaborate with companies in the lighting sector, with architecture and design firms, lighting shops, museums and theaters, as well as in the technical offices of the Public Administration.
- The language and the design of light
- Light applied to architecture
- Background on light
- Historical lamps and lighting designer
- Light as a physical phenomenon
- Light sources and their classification
- Methods of use of the main light sources
- How to read data from a light source
- Basic lighting concepts
- Main photometric quantities: flow, intensity, luminance, illuminance
- Absorption, reflection and light transmission factors
- Light measuring instruments
- Standard lighting types
- Advanced lighting techniques
- How to control and manage the light
- Light control technology
- LED operating principle
- Advantages and disadvantages of using LEDs
- How to read a technical catalog
- Museum lighting techniques
- Lighting Design indoor: house & retail
- Lighting Design outdoor: outdoor spaces
- Presentation of the concept and the project
- Graphicize the lighting effects: visualization
- CAD software for lighting
- Case studies: analysis of some lighting projects
Event in collaboration with the Order of Architects of the Province of Milan. 20 cfp recognized to Architects. MILAN edition from September 30 to 4 October 2019.
- Preliminary lessons: teaching materials
- Classroom phase: 40 hours
- Project work: realization of an individual project
- Max. Participants: 18
How to apply
- Download the registration form or fill in the information request form with your details and we will contact you within a few working days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letters produced. You can support your candidacy with a portfolio of previous jobs and projects. Considering all these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, submitting the registration form ready for completion and submission.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Reporting of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom phase.