Florence, dates in planning
Become a bag designer
Do you want to become a designer of bags?
The IDI Master in Bag Design is a full-immersion professional training course that will allow you to learn bag design techniques, learning how to manage a bag design project in all its phases, from concept and design to the choice of materials and the definition of finishes, up to the realization of the complete product.
IDI will reward with the prototyping of the project the student / a who will carry out the most complete and interesting project work.
For further information
What you will learn:
The importance of accessories in fashion
The production process
Components of the bags
Design of various types of bags
Description and function of various types of bags
Analysis, research and development of the concept
The development of a collection
The training process
Master in Bag Design
Fashion interpreted through an accessory that has always fascinated and reinvents the style and look of people: that of bag design is now a sector not only affirmed for years, but also growing and that finds fertile ground especially in Italy, where quality of materials and the craftsmanship of the methods of many traditional fashion houses, have developed a fervent market, another excellence for the country.
The IDI Master in Bag Design aims to train future fashion professionals linked to this product which has now become a real status symbol. Through targeted and theoretical - practical training, students will acquire skills in the fields of conception, design, modeling, machining and assembly, also wishing to learn how to analyze seam types and finishes, in order to determine the final quality of the product.
A journey through the history and innovation of bag design, among the styles that have marked the past and with a constant focus on new styles and the most innovative materials: the IDI master will combine these two parts of the design of the bags, providing all the tools necessary to independently design a product like this.
A very important part of the master will also be dedicated to creativity, through exercises and stimuli that will prove useful in order to produce unique and potentially iconic models.
Through the study of trends, materials, the most innovative tools and techniques both artisanal and avant-garde, the students will become professional bag designers.
The bag designer works in the world of fashion and fashion linked to accessories, collaborating with fashion houses, companies and big brands in the sector as product designer, designer of fashion accessories and as a freelance professional.
- The importance of accessories in fashion
- Historical scholarships
- The production process
- Analysis, research and development of the concept
- The development of a collection
- The choice of materials
- The materials in production
- Buckles, roller buckle, flat buckle
- Carabiners, studs, zipper pulls
- Handles, shoulder straps, bindings or ciappe, flaps
- Construction of bags
- Manual samples
- The development of the form
- Bag with shoulder strap
- Sacca or Hobo
- Preliminary lessons: texts + online platform
- Classroom phase: 48 hours
- Project work: realization of an individual project
- Stage of internship: Internships of 150 hours at partner companies in the region of interest of the participant
- Max. Participants: 25
How to apply
- Fill out the information request form and we will contact you within a few days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letter produced; it is possible to support the candidacy with a portfolio of previous works. Considering these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, by submitting the registration form.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Professional orientation meeting during the classroom stage;
- CV video realization during full-immersion;
- CV revision and updating for sending it to companies in the design sector at the end of the training process;
- Reports of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom stage.