Become an interior designer
Do you want to become an interior designer?
Il Master in Interior Design IDI is a full-immersion professional training course that will allow you to learn advanced design techniques, learning how to manage an interior design project in all its phases.
For further information
Milan - Rome
What you will learn:
Design of living spaces
Design of exhibition spaces
Design of commercial spaces
Plants and problems
Materials and furnishing accessories
Elements of Bio-architecture
Elements of Illumiontecnica
Software Tues progettazione
The training process
Master in Interior Design
The goal of this Full-immersion interior design course is training complete professionals in the field of interior design, able to set up living and business spaces, choosing at the same time the furnishing elements, through graphic and computerized representations, without ever losing sight of the dominant trends and tastes on the market. Students will acquire historical and technical knowledge on interior design during the course, under the guidance of internationally renowned teachers, addressing in a transversal way themes related to art, fashion, communication and architecture.
Giving shape to contemporary spaces is a task that requires competence and taste: the places where we live, work, or spend our free time must inspire emotion, facilitate the creation of relationships and the development of creativity. For this reason the interior design must always respond to the different needs of comfort and individual expression, aggregation and efficiency, identity creation and communication impact.
The master student explores new possibilities, putting into practice the skills acquired in the classroom phase already during the project work, focused on innovation and consolidation of the concepts acquired. Developing a design project starting from the concept and the technical and material choices, passing through the study of colors, volumes and surfaces, to reach up to 3D rendering, the student will have a global and concrete perception of the changes taking place on the market, learning to read the signs that anticipate new trends.
Among the spaces that belong to the area of activity of the interior designer, in addition to the more traditional of the house, offices and reception facilities, the commercial spaces have gained great attention such as shops, showrooms and exhibition stands: spaces where the designer makes available its own technical and stylistic know-how to meet the needs of corporate communication and product marketing.
The Master in Interior Design IDI is aimed at graduates in architecture, industrial design or related subjects and to all enthusiasts or design professionals who feel the need to test their creativity and technical ability in the creation of virtual computer models, even in 3D. The knowledge acquired during the training of this interior design course allow the student to successfully practice the profession, entering the market as a freelancer, or within the design and furnishing industry, in design studies and interior design. Among the alternative outlets there are the professions of designer and CAD designer of interior and technical environments virtual modeling of living spaces and commercial.
- Design of spaces
- The furnishing of individual environments
- Particular environments: attics, taverns, gardens and terraces
- Exploitation of spaces in small environments
- Combination of styles
- Psychology of color
- The legislation
- The technical report, the estimate and the metric calculation
- Lighting Elements
- Elements of Bio-architecture
- Thermal-water and electric plant from an architectural and scenographic point of view
- The main artificial light sources: physical, luminous and electric characteristics
- Lighting equipment: components and accessories
- Fixed and mobile furnishing accessories
- Floors and walls
- Plasters and painting
- The choice of material during the design phase: main selection criteria
- Materials and composite materials and their use
- Metals, traditional and innovative ceramics, glass and wood
Italian Design Institute is a member:
Free software license:
All master members will have access to the material library of Material Connexion for 12 months:
Design Experience Tour in collaboration with:
- Preliminary lessons: texts + online platform
- Classroom phase: 96 hours
- Project work: realization of an individual project
- Stage of internship: Internships of 300 hours at partner companies in the region of interest of the participant
- Max. Participants: 18 (Milan) - 25 (Rome)
How to apply
- Fill out the information request form and we will contact you within a few days. In the selection of candidates will be considered the school and work CV, in addition to the motivational letter produced; it is possible to support the candidacy with a portfolio of previous works. Considering these elements, the examining board will communicate the result of the selection and admission to the Course / Master, by submitting the registration form.
- Opportunity of financing the enrollment fee;
- Professional orientation meeting during the classroom stage;
- CV video realization during full-immersion;
- CV revision and updating for sending it to companies in the design sector at the end of the training process;
- Reports of accommodation facilities in areas adjacent to the venue of the classroom stage.
Definitely appreciated the enormous skills exposed. I found a very high professionalism and ability of teachers. Absolutely satisfied, not only for the lessons but also on all the other fronts: simply magnificent. I found how to give vent to my imagination without neglecting technical-practical issues.
The topics covered during the lessons have been comprehensively addressed by the teachers, who, demonstrating high competence and professionalism, have been able to answer all my doubts and questions, and have always maintained my interest during the course. . Regarding the organization and the location, the tutor was supportive during the training course and the structure that hosted us was equipped with all the necessary equipment for the proper conduct of the lessons.
Really interesting and formative course, beautiful experience and reliable and nice tutors. The video CV is very interesting and useful. The ideas were many and very useful, truly a wonderful experience that will certainly help me in the near future. The teacher Longo turned out to be really sociable and professional, with a vast knowledge and great ability. The architect Bruno is a professional of the highest level! Marco Toro is very good: a mine of information; I already miss his way of exposing.
I believe that the Master was very useful and I learned many things that the University itself had not taught me above all for the practical purposes related to the exercise of the profession. I am satisfied with the master and I hope to gain further experience in the sector.
I am very satisfied with how the teachers explained the topics and I think that all the issues have been treated in a clear and exhaustive way, so much that my interest during the lessons has always remained very high.
This master has been organized perfectly. The course of study is exceptional and the professionalism of the teachers is very high.
Superlative teachers, very prepared and precise, dedicated to fully understand the topics covered and the programs in use. Very available to us students!
Excellent teachers, well prepared and of great conceptual capacity. The course was of quality, the approach taken during the lessons was very clear.